In essence an individual is suppose to integrate a responsible and an accountable self-, life- and career knowledge into reliable plan (i.e. LDP), in order to develop the most efficient life and career strategies possible. Regardless of the persons age, culture, sex, social or economic status… the manner in which an individual is assisted, is based on his/her present life and career facilitation requirements, needs and expectations for the future.
Therefore assisting, facilitation, coaching and/or participating activities, accommodated within the AltanaESP Network and System, need to follow an organized and systematic route, BUT must maintain a flexibility to accommodate the wide variety of individual needs.
Thus, the following facilitation/coaching phases are quite similar in nature (i.e. generic), but each are in turn executed on a higher level than the previous phase. In order to determine the way in which one could best deal with a person (individually or in group context), the facilitation/coaching phases can be indicated as follows…
PHASE 1 – the present and what is.
- PURPOSE: To identify valid functional groups (CDP) to serve as guideline for assistance needed and provided.
- SELF KNOWLEDGE: Personality as a key focal point.
- FUNCTIONAL INFORMATION: General functional (e.g. career and/or role) descriptions.
- GOAL: Introduction and orientation to the progressive dynamics of a future work market as interacting with the environment (world at large).
- EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL: Both, self- and functional knowledge are poor.
- LEVEL OF FACILITATION: Focus primarily on work and/or life fitness (the what is needed) and encourage an awareness and understanding for the dynamics of the world at large.
PHASE 2 – the future and what might be.
- PURPOSE: To identify a valid process focus (PLP).
- SELF KNOWLEDGE: Interests as a focal point.
- PROCESS INFORMATION: Extended functional (career/life) descriptions.
- GOAL: Selected process directions brought into synchronization with general training requirements and demands of the function (career/life role).
- EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL: Both self- and functional knowledge are average.
- LEVEL OF FACILITATION: Focus primarily on work/life fitness (the what) and secondary on achievement fitness (how it could be done better).
PHASE 3 – DO IT and utilizing the Power of Now.
- PURPOSE: To identify relevant competency efficiencies (SDS).
- SELF KNOWLEDGE: Skills, abilities and competency as focal point.
- TASK INFORMATION: Detail functional (career/life) descriptions brought into relation with specific training opportunities and requirements of the function (career/role).
- GOAL: Selected functional (career/role) possibilities for optimal actualization of personal dynamics.
- EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL: Both, self- and career/life knowledge are fair.
- LEVEL OF FACILITATION: Focus primarily on achievement fitness (the how) and secondary on work/life fitness (the extended what).
PHASE 4 – monitoring progress and strategy productivity
- PURPOSE: Actualization of a final functional (career/life) choice (as a culmination and manifestation of the individual’s LDP, CDP, PLP through implementing his/her SDS).
- SELF KNOWLEDGE: Value structure as a focal point (GPS, Philosophy of Life and Ethos).
- CAREER/LIFE INFORMATION: Preparation and execution of a specific career/life plan, in order to enter the future with confidence and being competitive.
- GOAL: To achieve individual formulated goal in accordance with required standards and future workplace/life demands.
- EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL: Both, self- and career/life knowledge are excellent.
- LEVEL OF FACILITATION: Focus primarily on achievement fitness (the how sourcing from creativity & improvising, purpose, meaning and spirituality).
The best way to explain the practical implementation benefit of the above mentioned manifestation phases, is to present you with the following example…
- When assisting an individual, facilitation of a self-empowerment quest, and s/he is on a poor emotional maturity level, the modules (both self- and career information) related to phase 1 should administered.
- When the person assisted, has a poor self knowledge level and average as far as functional knowledge is concerned, then facilitation offered would be: Self knowledge, modules related to phase 1, combined with functional knowledge modules related to phase 2.
- Both self- and career knowledge have to be excellent (phase 4), to ultimately ensure a responsible (accountable) career strategies and choices (functionality in environment characterized by purpose and meaning).
In this manner the AltanaESP Network and System is flexible enough to accommodate the needs of each individual, yet standardized enough to accommodate the most common needs of the majority of people. When both self- and functional knowledge are on a similar niveau level, the logically stated chronological phases are followed, but when there is a niveau difference between functional orientation maturity levels, one must try to synchronize them by placing a prominent emphasis on the weaker emotional maturity niveau. This would avoid future inconsistencies, regarding an effective and realistic life or career strategy (self-empowerment quest) formulated by the individual.